This is SquareWear Mini, an open-source, wearable and Arduino-compatible microcontroller board. This version measures 1.3"x1.7" in size, and has a number of integrated components (see below). It's specially designed to attach to the SquareWear chainable Color LED Matrix (highly recommended!)
NOTE: unlike standard Arduino, SquareWear Mini does NOT have built-in USB serial, and will not appear as a serial (e.g. COM) port. Instead, it uses USBasp bootloader. Please check the SquareWear User Manual for details.
Note: we now offer Educational Discount for SquareWear Mini with a minimum quantity of 10, and Bulk Discount with a minimum quantity of 50. Please contact us directly for details.
All SquareWears are designed to be sewable: you can stich conductive threads through the large pin pads, solder a wire directly onto the pads, or solder snaps onto the pads to allow quick attachment or detacthment from textfile and fabric. The pads are great for touch sensing too. Best of all, it's based on Arduino, so you can make use of numerous available Arduino libraries to help build your project! SqureWear Mini is perfect for wearable electronic projects as well as general-purpose microcontroller projects. It's also a nice little board for learning Arduino programming.
- ATmega328 microcontroller running at 3.3V, 12MHz, pre-flashed with the USBasp bootloader.
- On-board 8.5mm mini-buzzer to make sounds.
- On-board light sensor (10K photo-resistor) and temperature sensor (MCP9700) for you to build light and temperature-aware projects.
- On-board 16KB I2C EEPROM (24LC128) for storing data.
- On-board 2.0mm JST Lithium battery jack and Lithium charging chip (MCP73831).
- Build-in mini-USB port for: 1) charging Lithium batteries; 2) uploading Arduino program; 3) serial communication (HID class, no driver needed).
- On-board general-purpose pushbutton N-Channel MOSFETs (for switching high current), and 3.3V / 250mA linear regulator.
- 8 Digital Pins (0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 13), 4 Analog Pins (A2, A3, A4, A5). Two of the digital pins (3 and 5) are internally wired to MOSFETs.
- Difference with SquareWear 2.0: does not have on-board coin battery and color LED. Instead, Mini takes an external Lithium battery and is designed to attach to LED matrices.
The package includes one assembled and tested circuit board. Lithium rechargeable battery and LED matrix are NOT included and should be purhcased separately.
- A mini-USB cable is required for programming SquareWear Mini, and can be purchased as an optional add-on.
- Lithium rechargeable battery and LED matrix can be purchased as optional add-ons.
Links and Resources: