ESPToy V1.24 gpio pins definition

Comments, questions, suggestions on ESPToy

ESPToy V1.24 gpio pins definition

Postby Tomega3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi
Which gpio pins are available for my sketch to use, the silk screen prints on the top of the board differ from those on the bottom for several pins.

From the top of the board and reading the V2 defaultdemo.ino sketch it looks like only three of the pins (6, 7, and 8 ) are free to use to say blink an external LED or use for I2C.

I tried defining PIN6 for a LED and when I set pinMode(6,Output) and run the sketch, the EspToy V1.24 reboots into programming/flash mode.
This happens also on pin 8.

Questions:
Which pins as identified on the top of the board silk screen labels can I use that are not used by the rgb led, the push button and any other esp8266 already used pins?

Also, If I hook a pushbutton to the rst pin and when pressed it gnds the rst pin, will the esptoy V1.24 'reset' and run the sketch again from the beginning or will it 'reboot' into flash new program mode.

Thanks
Tomega3

Re: ESPToy V1.24 gpio pins definition

Postby ray » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:34 pm

The top side prints the nodemcu pin numbers, and bottom side prints the GPIO pin numbers. If you use nodemcu, the top side has the numbers you want to use. If you use Arduino + ESP8266 core, that requires GPIO pin numbers, which are printed on the bottom side.

From the schematic:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raysh ... y_v123.png
you can see that the LED takes pins 2, 4, 5 (these are GPIO pin numbers, not nodemcu pin numbers).
ray
Site Admin

Return to ESPToy -- An Arduino-based Gadget for ESP8266 WiFi module