These are special LEDs with built-in flashing chips. They will bring a lot of fun to your projects! Each comes in a pack of five.
- Red Self-Flashing: connect it to a battery and it will starting flashing on its own at 1Hz.
- RGB Color Self-Flashing: has built-in three color LEDs, will flashes and fades at a pre-configured pattern.
Click on the embedded clips to see a demonstration of these LEDs.
Instructions to build a simple LED throwie:
- Pick a Lithium coin battery (such as CR1220, CR2032).
- Pick an LED.
- Insert / sandwich the battery into the two legs of the LED, making sure the longer leg of the LED touches the positive (marked by +) side of the battery.
- The LED will light up. If not, flip the battery and try again.
- Use a small piece of tape to fix the battery and LED together. Use a double-sided tape to attach it to your shirt or anywhere you want.