This is SquareWear: an open-source, wearable and Arduino-compatible microcontroller board. This version measures 1.7"x1.7" in size, and has built-in LIR2032 rechargeable Lithium coin battery. It also has a number of integrated components (see below). It is designed to be sewable: you can stitch conductive threads through the large pin pads, solder a wire directly onto the pads, or solder snaps onto the pads to allow quick attachment or detachment from textfile and fabric. Best of all, it's based on Arduino, so you can make use of numerous available Arduino libraries to help build your project! SquareWear 2.4 is perfect for wearable electronic projects as well as general-purpose microcontroller projects. It's also a great little board for learning Arduino programming.
NOTE: SquareWear 2.4 has built-in USB serial, and it's functionally compatible with Arduino Pro or Pro Mini 8MHz, or Lilypad with ATmega328. Please check the SquareWear 2.4 User Manual for details.
- ATmega328 microcontroller running at 3.3V, 8MHz, functionally compatible with Arduino Pro or Pro Mini 8MHz, or Lilypad with ATmega328.
- On-board 5mm RGB LED to display color, and 8.5mm mini-buzzer to make sounds.
- On-board light sensor and temperature sensor for you to build light and temperature-aware projects.
- On-board LIR2032 rechargeable Lithium coin battery to get you started powering your projects right away!
- On-board 2.0mm JST jack for powering the board with an optional external LiPo battery.
- Build-in microUSB port for: 1) charging Lithium batteries; 2) uploading Arduino program; 3) serial communication.
- On-board general-purpose pushbutton, Lithium charger (MCP73831), N-Channel MOSFETs (for switching high current), and 3.3V / 250mA linear regulator.
- 8 Digital Pins (0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11), 4 Analog Pins (A2, A3, A4, A5). Two of the digital pins (5, 6) are internally wired to MOSFETs for switching high-current load.
- 6 pins (4 at the corners and 2 at the center) are extra large that allow you to solder sew-on snaps.
- Breadboard friendly pins on the right-hand side that maps out additional digital and analog pins.
The package includes one assembled and tested circuit board, and rechargable coin cell battery (LIR2032).
- A microUSB cable is required for programming and can be purchased as an optional add-on.
Links and Resources: