Content on this site is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license.
Hardware and Software updates are now all released on GitHub:
Parts List can be found in the following spreadsheet:
Please follow the Firmware Upgrade instructions for uploading a new program to the OpenSprinkler.
Previous release on Oct 24, 2011: OpenSprinkler Demo Program
This demo program includes a manual operation mode and web scheduling mode. It’s currently not in the form of an Arduino library. Please refer to the included README for how to use this program.
- The code is written using open-source Arduino software, and uses its LiquidCrystal, EEPROM, and Time libraries.
- The Ethernet code is based on JeeLabs EtherCard library.
- The structure of the website and build instructions are inspired by Ladyada’s website
- The scheduling webpage design is based on Tuxgraphics PoolTimer software.
- The ATmega328 bootloader uses Optiboot.
- The USBtiny ISP programmer is courtesy of this blog post by Tequals0.
- The hardware design referenced this article: Building Intelligent, Web-based Control Systems, published by Milligan and Coffin in 1988.
- The OpenSprinkler logo is courtesy of Nathan Johnson.
Unless noted otherwise, content on this site is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.